Thursday 21 June 2012

Latino inspiration

In my dreams I swan about in a cool courtyard sipping margaritas and chowing down on my own home made refried beans (not at the same time). My years living in Texas really gave me a taste for all things mexicana, but somehow I must accept that it's now a Wiltshire life for me. I love the potted aloe, the iron gate and the white painted brickwork in this courtyard garden.


Photography by Coles Hairston

But just because the weather in the UK is dismal at best, it doesn't mean that we can't have a sprinkling of garden fiesta for ourselves. Aloe grows perfectly well indoors in the UK, and paired with a few lanterns and some candles, can make any English patio feel like a hacienda on a rare warm evening. Rusty metalwork, painted brick and climbers also create a Spanish feel that can't be spoiled by the weather. And if all else fails...here's a cracking recipe for a margarita...just turn up the central heating for a bit!

A classic margarita:-

35ml/1¼fl oz Reposado Tequila
20ml/¾fl oz Cointreau
35ml/1¼fl oz fresh lime juice
handful ice cubes
lime wedge, to garnish




http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/classicmargarita_84327

No comments:

Post a Comment