Monday 5 March 2012

Anticipation

At present I am restricted to either sitting up straight, or laying down completely flat. My lower back has given in and rendered me a slave to pain, involving a day off work to try and get better. When at work normally I fantasise about being at home, using my time to clear out the greenhouse, or dig in manure, instead of reading files on murderers and rapists. I can barely make it to the loo...let alone go outside!

This doesn't stop me from being excited about the little bursts of spring occurring in the garden...and inside my house. Outside a carpet of green leaves have burst through, teasing me with the future promise of little twinkling bluebells. My silvery green tulip leaves are protecting little pale pink buds, and little glimmers of blossom are poking through the trees and hedges.

Inside my seeds are forming into real plants:














And there are promises of pretty flowers




Like this lily of the valley





And this White and soft pink amaryllis.

It's enough to make skip through the garden....*ouch...yelp*....another time!

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment